Using Canvas Integration: How to schedule a Zoom meeting
- Log into FSU's Canvas at canvas.fsu.edu.
- Open the course in which you have enabled Zoom.
- Select Zoom on your course navigation menu.
- Click the blue Schedule a New Meeting button in the upper right of the page.
- Select the settings you would like for your Zoom meeting.
- Topic: enter in a name for your session.
- Scheduling options: Select the date, start time, duration of meeting, time zone, and whether or not this will be a recurring meeting.
- Audio and Video options: Select whether or not you would like to use a webcam and whether to allow your students (participants) to share webcam video. For the audio options, we recommend selecting both so that if your students have any trouble with using their computer audio they can easily dial in to the meeting via a phone as well.
- Meeting options: Select the options that you wish to use.
- Alternative Hosts: If you wish to make a TA or co-instructor your meeting moderator or co-host, enter in their email address. Alternatively, you can always assign a co-host from within Zoom at any time during your meeting.
We strongly recommend that you check the Record the meeting automatically on the local computer check box. This means you will not have to remember to start the recording when you start your meeting - if this box is not checked and you do not manually record the meeting, then there will be no way to go back and retrieve a recording of your Zoom meeting. If you record your Zoom meeting, then you will be able to download it and upload it into Kaltura to share with your students later.
- Click the blue Save button at the bottom of the page.
- A meeting summary page will appear. On this page you can view the join URL or the meeting invitation. You can navigate away from this page by clicking Course Meetings in the upper left of the page to go back to your course's Zoom landing page. You can navigate back to the meeting summary page at any time if needed.
- Optional: If you wish, you can copy the meeting's join URL and paste it into a course announcement or Canvas calendar event, however, this should not be needed because students can click on the Zoom link on your course navigation menu and join the meeting from there. We do recommend that you post a Canvas course announcement or send an email to your students notifying them of the date and time of your Zoom meeting.