Bypassing Canvas Integration: Scheduling a Zoom Meeting from your Zoom Profile
- Log into your FSU Zoom account at its.fsu.edu/zoom with your FSU credentials.
- At the top right of the page, select Schedule a meeting.
- Select the settings you would like for your Zoom meeting.
- Topic: enter in a name for your session.
- Scheduling options: Select the date, start time, duration of meeting, time zone, and whether or not this will be a recurring meeting.
- Audio and Video options: Select whether or not you would like to use a webcam and whether to allow your students (participants) to share webcam video. For the audio options, we recommend selecting both so that if your students have any trouble with using their computer audio they can easily dial in to the meeting via a phone as well.
- Meeting options: Select the options that you wish to use.
We strongly recommend that you check the Record the meeting automatically on the local computer check box. This means you will not have to remember to start the recording when you start your meeting - if this box is not checked and you do not manually record the meeting, then there will be no way to go back and retrieve a recording of your Zoom meeting. If you record your Zoom meeting, then you will be able to download it and upload it into Kaltura to share with your students later.
Optional: If you have any TAs who will be in the meeting, or you wish to add any other alternative hosts, type in their email addresses.
- Click the blue Save button at the bottom of the page.
- A meeting summary page will appear. On this page you can view the join URL or the meeting invitation. To share this meeting with your students, copy the join URL and paste it into a Canvas course announcement or Canvas calendar event so that your students will be able to join the meeting at its scheduled start time.
(Click image below to enlarge it)